Build a great family team
If you are looking for practical strategies, inspiration, encouragement and insight then a Toolbox parenting group is for you. Find a course running in your community book now »
Welcoming the emerging adult (years 12-18)
There's something inevitable about the arrival of the teenage years. You've always known they'll hit one day, but there's something daunting about discovering you've got a teenager in the house. Sit back and take a deep breath! Yes, this site will give you strategies for dealing with problems and how to handle strong willed teenagers. Yes, it does address the potential nightmares around drugs, pornography, mental health, sex, alcohol and other issues. But we also hope that you will discover that teenagers are actually 'okay'; in fact, this stage of the parenting journey can be really very enjoyable.
The resources, webinars, books, events, workshops, courses and advice available through this website will all help you gain insights, perspective and confidence in relating to your teen.
- Understanding their changes and stages
- Giving them self confidence and self esteem
- A loving, respectful approach to sex
- Motivating them in their studies
- What things should you act on and what things can you relax about
- A vision for their adult lives
- Age appropriate liberties and limits
- The ABCs of parenting teens: atmosphere, boundaries and communication
- Computer games, internet and mobile phones
There is much much more available at The Parenting Place. Come back here often.