Our week started with a discussion about that one strange line in one of our all-time favourite Disney tunes, A Whole New World from Aladdin. Do you know the one? “Every moment red-letter.” Turns out none of us had any clue what ‘red-letter’ meant but with some swift Googling, quickly learned it means “of special significance”. Which we thought was quite lovely, really!
So we hope you’ve had many a red-letter moment this week with your whānau and continue to do so this weekend. (An Aladdin family movie night, perhaps)?
Look what we found
- Stop losing sleep over your children’s sleep – here
- 10 things my mum told me as a kid that gave me confidence as a grown-up – here
- Our job when little people are overwhelmed by big emotions – here
- “Keep your eye on the ball” – watch below!
ICYMI (in case you missed it)
- How to talk to your teen about: Alcohol and drugs – here
- Mastering the art of cultivating our kids’ creativity – here
- Learning to dad – poop, postnatal depression and the silver linings – here
- Parenting from a united front – here
- Introducing baby to solids – what, when and how – here
And that’s a wrap!
Diane Levy – two topics, one night | Get your tickets today!
Thursday, 7 September, 7pm-9.30pm | $30
Are you struggling to deal with your children when they are angry or upset? Is it hard to get your children to do as they are told for simple requests? Are the siblings continuously scrapping with each other? Come and spend an evening with Diane Levy to hear simple strategies that can make your parenting life easier and your children much more pleasant to live with.
Topic one – supporting our children’s feelings
Topic two – getting our children to do as they are told
Find out more and get your tickets here today.