Accountant – part time (20 hours a week)
Parenting Place is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to equipping and encouraging parents. Parenting Place is here to walk alongside families and whānau from the moment their little one is born, until the time they raise tamariki of their own, through a range of programmes, courses, camps and resources.
If you are looking for a new challenge within an environment where you can use your passion and expertise to really make a difference, this is the opportunity for you.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this position requires a dynamic professional with good accounting and financial knowledge. Whilst the person we seek will demonstrate measurable successes in delivering exceptional performance in previous roles, they will also have a relaxed personal style and the ability to get on well with others.
Key responsibilities will include –
- Providing financial information, report and analysis to department management, and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs.
- Producing accurate and timely monthly financials
- Assist with the Annual Statutory Accounts
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Process all PAYE, GST and other Government compliance returns
- Working with external auditors
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets Register
- Manage insurance cover and review commercial service contracts (when required)
- Assisting with cash flow forecasts and management
Key requirements –
- You must be accustomed to working to tight deadlines
- Tertiary level education, preferably in Accounting
- Previous accounting experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical skills
- Previous New Zealand experience in a similar role
This position will suit someone with experience in management accounting who is looking for a broader role and is highly motivated, diligent and hard-working with exceptional attention to detail. Of course a positive attitude and the ability to be a team player is essential.
If you fit the above criteria, we look forward to receiving your details.
Please send your letter of application, with CV, to Isobell Tregoweth at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, 21 January 2019.