Building Awesome Whanau Toolbox course – Invercargill
7 March 2017 @ 9:45 am - 12:00 pm
What you will learn
In six sessions, over six weeks, this course is packed full of ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and useful resources to help you build a great future for your whānau. The activities in this course cover tamariki aged 0–12 years.
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof! Protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool korero! Communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – Living in the big wide world
You are the most important person to your tamariki. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whanau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build YOUR awesome whanau.
Are you a caregiver?
Thanks to our government contract we can offer Toolbox to all grandparents raising grandchildren, foster carers, whānau caregivers, home for life parents and adopters FREE. Please ring or email the contact above to make a booking.
Cost and payment
$75 per person or $110 per couple. Please note that subsidies are available.
The course will end on 11/04/17
For more information, please phone Katrina Ritani 027 841 7763 or email email@example.com