Building Awesome Whanau Toolbox course – Linwood
20 March 2018 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
What you will learn
In six sessions, over six weeks, this course is packed full of ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and useful resources to help you build a great future for your whānau. The activities in this course cover tamariki aged 0–12 years. You are the most important person to your tamariki. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whanau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build YOUR awesome whanau.
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof! Protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool korero! Communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – Living in the big wide world
Cost and payment
The normal price of Toolbox is $75 per person or $110 per couple. Please note that due to the availability of local funding, this course is partially subsidised. A donation towards the cost of this Toolbox course would be greatly appreciated.
For more information, please phone Amy Marsden 021 628 362 or email Amy.Marsden@temapua.com
Session dates are a little different from the standard six weeks in a row. These are the specific session dates:
20 March, 27 March, 3 April, 10 April, 1 May and 8 May.
Toolbox courses require a minimum of seven participants to proceed.