Building Awesome Whanau Toolbox course – Rotorua
March 17 @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm$75.00
What you will learn
In six sessions, over eight weeks, this course is packed full of ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and useful resources to help you build a great future for your whānau. The activities in this course cover tamariki aged 0–12 years. You are the most important person to your tamariki. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whanau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build YOUR awesome whanau.
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof! Protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool korero! Communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – Living in the big wide world
Cost and payment
The cost is $75 per person or $110 per couple. However, our desire is that cost would never be a barrier, and we’d still love you to join us if you’re unable to contribute in this way. There are many other valuable ways to contribute – like bringing a cake to share, or helping pack up. Get in touch, and we’ll get you booked in.
For more information, please phone Mere Maui-Rakuraku 0274749548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that this course will run for 5 weeks in term 1 then break for the school holidays, then resume for the last week in term 2. Session dates will be 17, 24, 31 March, 7, 14 April, then the two week break, then 5 May.
Toolbox courses require a minimum of seven participants to proceed.