Building Awesome Whanau Toolbox course – Rotorua
25 October 2017 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am$75.00
What you will learn
In six sessions, over six weeks, this course is packed full of ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and useful resources to help you build a great future for your whānau. The activities in this course cover tamariki aged 0–12 years. You are the most important person to your tamariki. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whanau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build YOUR awesome whanau.
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof! Protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool korero! Communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – Living in the big wide world
Cost and payment
$75 per person or $110 per couple. Please note that subsidies are available. Speak to the course contact person about this.
Are you a caregiver?
Thanks to our recent government contract we can offer Toolbox to all grandparents raising grandchildren, foster carers, whanau caregivers, home for life parents and adopters FREE. Please ring or email the contact below to make a booking.
For more information, please phone Dee Horne 027 613 9067 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will end on 29 November 2017.
Toolbox courses require a minimum of seven participants to proceed.