Building Awesome Whanau Toolbox course – Te Puke
February 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
What you will learn
In six sessions, over six weeks, this course is packed full of ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and useful resources to help you build a great future for your whānau. The activities in this course cover tamariki aged 0–12 years. You are the most important person to your tamariki. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whanau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build YOUR awesome whanau.
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof! Protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool korero! Communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – Living in the big wide world
Cost and payment
The usual cost is $75 per person or $110 per couple. We are pleased to offer this Toolbox course at the reduced cost of $35.00 per person due to the availability of generous local funding. However, our desire is that cost would never be a barrier, and we’d still love you to join us if you’re unable to contribute in this way. There are many other valuable ways to contribute – like bringing a cake to share, or helping pack up. Get in touch, and we’ll get you booked in.
For more information, please phone Trish Ives 027 2833 046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course will end on 27 March 2019.
Toolbox courses require a minimum of seven participants to proceed.