- Video: How to make puffy paint
- Video: How to make a bug in a jar
- Eight ways to help your perfectionist child
What you need
- Cleaning sponge
- Footprint template – print it out here!
- Scissors or craft knife
- Hot glue gun
- Cut out a pair of footprints from our printable template – or get creative and cut out your own shapes and patterns!
- Use the paper cut-out to trace the footprint onto the sponge. We decided to use a dense sponge with a scouring pad on one side.
- Cut the footprints out of the sponge then trim and shape the edges if they’re looking a bit messy.
- Glue the sponge to the jandals using a hot glue gun.
- Roll out a long sheet of brown paper.
- Dip the sponges into a small amount of paint then started making tracks!
We used the Resene colours Outrageous, Cupid, Riptide and Saltpan.
Attend a Toolbox parenting course
Toolbox courses inspire and equip whānau. They are bursting with great advice, humour and encouragement, offering practical strategies and insights into developmental stages. Parents leave reassured that challenges are common to all families and that they’re not alone on their parenting journey. The courses are run over a number of weeks in a relaxed and conversational small group setting with a trained facilitator. The five courses – Building Awesome Whānau, Baby and Toddler Years, Primary Years, Intermediate Years, and Teenage Years. Find out more and register here.