Parenting Place is the charity with a heart for New Zealand Families
We’re here to walk alongside you and your whānau from the moment your little one is born, until the time they raise tamariki of their own. Whether you have a newborn, a teenager, a troupe of grandkids, or nieces and nephews, we have a range of programmes, courses, camps and resources, tailored for you and your whānau.
Everything we do is designed to inspire, encourage, and support the strengthening of your relationships. We make sure it’s fun and entertaining along the way too.
Our team is also committed to engaging with the story of Aotearoa New Zealand and our unique place in the world – a journey which continues to shape the way we support your whānau to thrive.
Mō ngā whānau – For families
- Space for you and your baby – supporting you and your baby throughout your first special year together.
- Toolbox – six week courses to inspire and equip you on your parenting journey – wherever you’re up to (Baby and toddler years, Primary years, Intermediate years, Teenage years).
- Building Awesome Whānau – drawing on the wisdom of mātauranga Māori and the best of Toolbox to offer you and your whānau a kaupapa that is uniquely Aotearoa (0-12 years).
- One-on-one parenting and relationship strategies offered via phone, Skype, email or in person.
Parent-child camps – Tī Kōuka
- If you’ve got a 9-12 year old, don’t miss out on Ti Kōuka – an adventure weekend for you and your pre-teen.
- If you’re after practical ideas, strategies and inspiration on your parenting journey, come along to one of our many events around the country
- Browse our articles, follow us on social media, or subscribe to our emails to receive weekly and monthly parenting inspiration.
Mō ngā rangatahi – For young people
Resilience programmes for your young person – Attitude
- Chances are, if you have a child aged 11-18, our Attitude team is in their school. Attitude inspires and equips your young people up and down the country with strategies for navigating adolescence and building resilience.
Mō ngā tokorua – For couples
Relationship retreats and courses
- Whiria retreats and courses are designed to support you and your partner to reconnect, repair and enhance your relationship.
Marriage – the early years
- If you’re engaged or newly married, this one-day course is designed to support you to develop a great foundation for a lifelong marriage.
Parenting with Confidence was founded in 1993 by Ian and Mary Grant who were compelled by their deep Christian faith. They sought to outwork this desire to love others and leave the world a better place than they found it by equipping and encouraging parents to grow great family relationships. In all Parenting with Confidence did there was a heart of humility, love, generosity and service.
Supporting Parenting Place
As a charity, it is the time, energy and money given by thousands of New Zealanders that make the delivery of our life-changing programmes possible. By donating to Parenting Place, you can be a part of our dream to make thriving relationships a reality for all whānau.Donate