Part-time graphic design role
The Parenting Place is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to equipping and encouraging parents. Inspired by Christian values, our aim is to positively impact every family in New Zealand through our range of parenting and youth programmes.
If you are looking for a new challenge within an environment where you can use your creativity, expertise and passion to really make a difference, this is the opportunity for you.
Published since mid-2000, Parenting magazine is a practical and inspiring resource for parents of children from birth to 18 years. This part-time position of approximately 18 to 20 hours per week is based in our offices in Greenlane, Auckland.
If you are an experienced graphic designer with at least two years experience and would like to become part of our busy, dedicated Creative team then we’d love to hear from you.
Ideally the successful applicant needs to be:
- experienced in magazine layout and design (+2 years)
- competent in InDesign, Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop
- familiar with print production
- skilled at briefing and directing photographers and models
- knowledgeable with general print design (logo, brochure, business cards, letterheads etc)
- creative with strong ideas
- able to work well both as a team member and on your own
- flexible and take direction well
- highly creative and organised
- able to meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment
If you have all of the above and a passion for parenting then we’d love to hear from you. Please send your resume, portfolio and a covering letter telling us what you can bring to this role by 15 June 2016, to Bianca at HR@theparentingplace.com subject ‘Graphic design role’
This role is only open to those who hold a current working visa or are permanent residents of New Zealand.