Hello from the work week ending 30 June 2017
Last night we hosted our Hey Baby event at the Parenting Place centre in Greenlane, and what a fabulous night it was! We had fun giveaways, fantastic speakers, lots of baby bumps and engaged mums and dads. There were heaps of tips given and lots of great advice, but the resounding message was – it’s what we do most of the time that counts. We are all going to make mistakes, get overwhelmed, and take a few shortcuts, but you know what? It’s okay! If you are talking to your baby, giving him/her lots of snuggles and making sure he/she is receiving responsive love and care (most of the time), your baby will flourish, and so will you. You’re doing great!
Look what we found
- In the absence of a village, build one! – here
- Do wired parents need more time out, or less guilt? – here
- How a short lesson in neurology can help your toddler with tantrums – here
- Proof that parenting is the same across all walks of life
ICYMI (in case you missed it)
- What parents don’t know about Snapchat, but need to – here
- Five surprisingly cool things about motherhood – here
- When to use your stern voice – here
- Say goodbye to fights in the car – here
And that’s a wrap!