Hello from the work week ending 4 August 2017
This week at staff meeting in the Auckland office, our Toolbox manager, who was up from Tauranga, shared a wonderful story with us about Toolbox in Ethiopia. Currently being run in the mission sector community, we heard how much the courses have helped families there as they navigate adjustment and transition. This was the quote used to describe Toolbox and we gotta say, we are inspired!
“Don’t teach men to chop down trees, make lumber, build boats and sail out into the ocean. Instead describe to them the ocean and the possibilities available in far-off places. Activate their imagination for what is possible beyond what they can see in their immediate environment. And guess what they’ll do? Chop down trees, make lumber, build boats and sail out into the ocean.”
What are some oceans and ‘far-off places’ you and your family are dreaming about right now?
Look what we found
- How music can improve reading skills in children – here
- Five tricks to get kids to clean up – here
- You may have seen this Vogel’s ad on TV recently but here’s the full extended version. Well worth watching to the end – see below
ICYMI (in case you missed it)
- How to raise wise kids – here
- Translating teen tech speak – here
- Your child – charmer, sensitive or plain strong-willed? Diane Levy weighs in – here
- How to influence your teen – here
And that’s a wrap!
Diane Levy – two topics, one night | Get your tickets today!
Thursday, 7 September, 7pm-9.30pm | $30
Are you struggling to deal with your children when they are angry or upset? Is it hard to get your children to do as they are told for simple requests? Are the siblings continuously scrapping with each other? Come and spend an evening with Diane Levy to hear simple strategies that can make your parenting life easier and your children much more pleasant to live with.
Topic one – supporting our children’s feelings
Topic two – getting our children to do as they are told
Find out more and get your tickets here today.