Hello from the work week ending 18 August 2017
It’s been a milestone week around here! One of our lovely Family Coaches celebrated six decades of a wonderful life, and another staff member is over the moon at the birth of her fourth grandchild. An almost-first-time-dad staff member found out that he and his wife are expecting a baby girl, which naturally led to many a round of high-pitched, excited congratulations. The squeals were only rivalled by the congratulations on Monday morning following the news that another staff member got engaged on the weekend. So lots of smiles, slices of cake and photographs have been shared over here!
Look what we found
- Brené Brown on her five-word relationship hack (it’s a goodie)! – here
- Just who needs comforting on the first day of school? A teacher’s perspective – here
- How astronauts wash their hair in space – a fun one to watch with the kids!
ICYMI (in case you missed it)
- How to talk to your kids about: Sex (infographic included)! – here
- Dear grandparents raising their grandchildren – you’re our heroes – here
- Strategies for communicating with your teen – here
- Why do kids grizzle and whine? – here
And that’s a wrap!
Diane Levy – two topics, one night | Get your tickets today!
Are you struggling to deal with your children when they are angry or upset? Is it hard to get your children to do as they are told for simple requests? Are the siblings continuously scrapping with each other? Come and spend an evening with Diane Levy to hear simple strategies that can make your parenting life easier and your children much more pleasant to live with.
Topic one – supporting our children’s feelings
Topic two – getting our children to do as they are told
Find out more and get your tickets here today.