Hello from the work week ending 1 September
Welcome to the first day of September, but more importantly, welcome to spring! Correction. Most importantly – welcome Father’s Day weekend! We are so excited to celebrate our dads and father figures. To these men – thank you. Thank you for championing us, for the countless car rides and all the terrible jokes. We roll our eyes but deep down, we think you’re hilarious. Kind of.
For all of you for whom Father’s Day is a hard day, we hope you find some hope and comfort in this article from Peter Atkinson.
P.S. Last Friday night $640,000 was raised at The Warehouse Gala Dinner for the Breakthrough programme we have launched with The Salvation Army! We want to say a big thank you to the suppliers of The Warehouse for getting behind this initiative that will see Kiwi families stronger and violence-free.
We’ve been keeping a secret!
Keep an eye out on the All Blacks Facebook page this weekend for a grand reveal. We will be following suit on our social media channels come Monday!
Look what we found
- Priscilla and Mark Zuckerberg’s sweet open letter to their newborn daughter, August – here
- 19 phrases that turn a ‘no’ into a ‘yes’ – here
- In honour of Father’s Day and all the dads we know who have gone above and beyond to get to know their kids – watch below
ICYMI (in case you missed it)
- I hear echoes of generations of fathers and sons – here
- From my heart to yours – an open letter to my dad by Petra Bagust – here
- Teenagers aren’t that scary after all – here
- The power of self-control – here
And that’s a wrap!
Meet you at Merediths
Every Tuesday at Merediths is a Dine By Donation day, where all the revenue for meals – beautiful, three-course degustation meals – goes towards a selected charity. Parenting Place has been selected as the recipient for September, and we would love to see all the tables booked!
Click here to find out more and to book your spots today.