Building Awesome Whānau
As the latest addition to Toolbox, Building Awesome Whānau is pretty special. Drawing on the wisdom of Māori ways of being, doing and knowing – and bringing them together with the best of Toolbox – we’ve sought to create a resource that reflects this remarkable country of ours, and in doing so, serve all of its people.
Some familiar faces have helped us to create this resource so it’s packed full of great ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and practical ideas to help you. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whānau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build your awesome whānau.
What’s covered in the six sessions?
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof!– protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything!
- Session 5 – Cool kōrero! – communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – living in the big wide world