Building Awesome Whānau
Building Awesome Whānau draws on the wisdom of mātauranga Māori and the best of Toolbox to offer you and your family a kaupapa that is uniquely Aotearoa. Designed for whānau raising children aged 0-12, this course can be delivered over a number of weeks, or as a wānanga (facilitator dependent).
Some familiar faces have helped us to create this resource so it’s packed full of great ideas, positive stories from parents still on the journey with their own tamariki and practical ideas to help you. Your facilitator will draw on the wealth of wisdom and experiences present in the group, and weave that together with all that is Building Awesome Whānau, so that you are supported and encouraged as you awhi (nurture) and build your awesome whānau.
What’s covered in the six sessions?
- Session 1 – Laying the foundations – building your family on aroha
- Session 2 – Parents are the roof – protecting your whānau
- Session 3 – The walls of the whare – boundaries to keep the good stuff in and the bad stuff out
- Session 4 – Keeping it sweet – atmosphere is everything
- Session 5 – Cool kōrero! – communication
- Session 6 – Outside the whare – living in the big wide world