Volunteer opportunities at Parenting Place
If you are interested in volunteering at Parenting Place please email Amelia Smith.
Work with us
If you’d like to apply for a role at Parenting Place, or find out more about us, please contact Elize Beukes.
- Previous administrative experience
- Preferably some accounts experience
- High level of computer skills (Microsoft office)
- Motivated and proactive when solving problems
- Shows initiative
- Enjoys being part of a team
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings with others, colleagues and customers alike
- Efficiency and attention to detail (meeting deadlines, accountable)
A little bit about Parenting Place
Parenting Place’s dream is for Aotearoa to be a place where every whānau thrives and every child feels deeply loved. This dream is outworked as we meet families where they are – supporting the restoration, strengthening, and building of flourishing relationships.
We do this through a range of programmes, courses and resources – and in collaboration with a variety of like-hearted organisations and communities all over Aotearoa. Our head office is in Auckland, but we also have offices in Christchurch, Wellington and Tauranga (not to mention the hundreds of amazing volunteers who walk alongside communities up and down the country).
We’re a passionate, fun-loving team who truly believe that healthy, loving families can transform society.
Engaging Te Ao Māori
As an organisation, we are committed to engaging with the story of Aotearoa and our unique place in the world – a story which not only inspires our mission, but informs and shapes our work. Parenting Place feels compelled to continue listening and adopting practices that support, empower and enhance the experience of the Māori communities we are engaged with.
As a staff team we have also committed to integrating the following guiding principles/pou into our work
- Tangata Whenua – Recognising the mana of Tangata Whenua and partnering with them
- Waha Kōrero – Advocacy
- Whakaaro Māori – Integrating Te Ao Māori into our mission, programmes, culture and policies
- Whakapapa – Knowing and curating the relational, historical and circumstantial genealogy of our organisation
We are journeying together in search of a new way of togetherness as we seek to give shape to an alternative vision for life that has Te Rongopai at its heart, and offers hope for every person and every relationship.