Work with us
Parenting Place is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to equipping and encouraging parents. Parenting Place is here to walk alongside families and whānau from the moment their little one is born, until the time they raise tamariki of their own, through a range of programmes, courses, camps and resources.
If you are looking for a new challenge within an environment where you can use your passion and expertise to really make a difference, this is the opportunity for you.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, this position requires a dynamic professional with good accounting and financial knowledge. Whilst the person we seek will demonstrate measurable successes in delivering exceptional performance in previous roles, they will also have a relaxed personal style and the ability to get on well with others.
Key responsibilities will include –
- Providing financial information, report and analysis to department management, and interpreting the implications for business performance and funding needs.
- Producing accurate and timely monthly financials
- Assist with the Annual Statutory Accounts
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Process all PAYE, GST and other Government compliance returns
- Working with external auditors
- Maintaining the Fixed Assets Register
- Manage insurance cover and review commercial service contracts (when required)
- Assisting with cash flow forecasts and management
Key requirements –
- You must be accustomed to working to tight deadlines
- Tertiary level education, preferably in Accounting
- Previous accounting experience
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Good analytical skills
- Previous New Zealand experience in a similar role
This position will suit someone with experience in management accounting who is looking for a broader role and is highly motivated, diligent and hard-working with exceptional attention to detail. Of course a positive attitude and the ability to be a team player is essential.
If you fit the above criteria, we look forward to receiving your details.
Please send your letter of application, with CV, to Isobell Tregoweth at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday, 25 January 2019.
Volunteer opportunities at Parenting Place
If you are interested in volunteering at Parenting Place please email Amelia Smith.
If you’d like to apply for a role at Parenting Place, or find out more about us, please contact Elize Beukes.
A little bit about Parenting Place
Parenting Place’s dream is for Aotearoa to be a place where every whānau thrives and every child feels deeply loved. This dream is outworked as we meet families where they are – supporting the restoration, strengthening, and building of flourishing relationships.
We do this through a range of programmes, courses and resources – and in collaboration with a variety of like-hearted organisations and communities all over Aotearoa. Our head office is in Auckland, but we also have offices in Christchurch, Wellington and Tauranga (not to mention the hundreds of amazing volunteers who walk alongside communities up and down the country).
We’re a passionate, fun-loving team who truly believe that healthy, loving families can transform society.
Engaging Te Ao Māori
As an organisation, we are committed to engaging with the story of Aotearoa and our unique place in the world – a story which not only inspires our mission, but informs and shapes our work. Parenting Place feels compelled to continue listening and adopting practices that support, empower and enhance the experience of the Māori communities we are engaged with.
As a staff team we have also committed to integrating the following guiding principles/pou into our work
- Tangata Whenua – Recognising the mana of Tangata Whenua and partnering with them
- Waha Kōrero – Advocacy
- Whakaaro Māori – Integrating Te Ao Māori into our mission, programmes, culture and policies
- Whakapapa – Knowing and curating the relational, historical and circumstantial genealogy of our organisation
We are journeying together in search of a new way of togetherness as we seek to give shape to an alternative vision for life that has Te Rongopai at its heart, and offers hope for every person and every relationship.