Sign up for a weekly parenting Hot Tip
Receive a source of encouragement and inspiration as you journey along that sometimes challenging road called parenting read more »
Parents Inc. recognises the importance of protecting your privacy. We know that you may be concerned about what Parents Inc. does with personal information provided to us. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse or unauthorised disclosure, but we cannot guarantee absolute security.
Types of information held
We may hold personal information about you, including:
- name, address and contact details (including email address);
- date of birth;
- bank account or credit card details where you have provided these to us for the purpose of acquiring goods or services;
- any information provided in response to any request on our website;
- service usage records;
- from customers of Parents Inc. who provide information on individuals as part of any service request;
- billing statements; and
- communications between you and us.
We collect information about you in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you including through our website;
- from our related companies;
- from your representatives;
- from contractors engaged by us to provide goods and services in the ordinary course of our business;
- from customers of Parents Inc. who provide information on you as part of any service request;
- from credit reporting agencies; and
In the event that we are unable to collect any of the personal information, we may be unable to provide services or information requested by you.
We use personal information for the ordinary operation of our business including:
- to identify you;
- to assist you and your staff to use our products and services;
- to provide you with products and services you require including the administration and management of those products and services;
- for researching and developing our products and services including an understanding of a customer’s communications needs for the purposes of enhancing or improving our products and services;
- informing you of changes to our products and services; and
- to conduct appropriate checks regarding the provision of the products and services to you.
We may use or disclose personal information about you to the extent:
- indicated at the time you supply the information to us;
- required to provide you with products or services as requested;
- required for the ordinary operation of our website or business (e.g. to inform customers about our activities, products and services), including:
- provision of information to any outsource providers we employ in the operation of its business;
- our professional advisors, including accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- necessary to undertake or provide information for credit related purposes;
- from customers of ours who provide information on individuals as part of any service request;
- required by law; or
- expressly permitted under any agreement between Parents Inc. and any customer or individual.
Parents Inc. will not use or disclose any information about you for purposes other than those listed above without first obtaining your consent, other than where the use of disclosure is permitted by law.
Collection from third parties
If you give, or direct someone else to give, personal information to us, you will tell that other person that:
- we are holding personal information about them;
Access to information
You may request access, changes and updates to any personal information we hold about you at any time. Where you wish to access your personal information held by us or have any complaints regarding our treatment of the your personal information, then please email our privacy officer at Parents Inc. providing name and email address, and details of the request or complaint.