Job opportunities at The Parenting Place
Personal Assistant to CEO and COO
Parenting Place is seeking a charismatic Personal Assistant to join our Greenlane team.
We need a supremely positive doer who thrives in a busy, sometimes crazy, always fun environment. It’s a hive of activity, noise, and exceptional work in this organisation and we need someone who can keep all of this on track. No two days are the same, there’s a lot to do, but it’s an awesome place to be with fabulous people and team culture. The role is fulltime and supports our CEO and COO who work closely together on ensuring The Parenting Place is supporting NZ families.
You’ll be doing anything and everything from diary & email management, meeting & event organisation, reports, travel arrangements, project work, minute taking and preparing board papers all could form a part of your day. So you’ll need to be super organised, patient, a natural people person, be well versed in office systems and processes! You’ll have a sense of humour and enjoy a bit of fun, stay calm under pressure and be in possession of a ready smile.
Ideally the successful applicant needs to have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in an executive support role
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Exceptional organisational skills and attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office
- A collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service orientation
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion
- A passion for the mission of The Parenting Place and a deep personal commitment to the values and culture of the organisation.
A job description is available on request.
If you have all of the above and a passion for NZ families then we’d love to hear from you. Please send your CV and a covering letter telling us what you can bring to this role by 19 February 2017 to Mary at Mary.Hockey@parentingplace.nz subject ‘Personal assistant Role’
Part-Time Graphic Design Role
The Parenting Place is a not-for-profit with a heart for New Zealand whanau, and we are dedicated to inspiring and equipping families to thrive. We do this through a range of programmes, events and resources designed for parents and young people. Our work and our vision are animated by Christian values, and we believe that flourishing, loving families can transform society.
We are looking for a senior designer to join our vibrant creative team, so if you are looking for a new challenge in an environment where you can use your creativity, expertise and passion to really make a difference, this is the opportunity for you.
The role involves working closely with our creative director and other members of the creative team to produce high quality print and digital design work – bringing innovative design and art direction to branded collateral and resources (including our Parenting magazine – a practical and inspiring resource for parents). This part-time position of approximately 18 to 20 hours per week is based in our offices in Greenlane, Auckland.
If you are an experienced graphic designer with at least three years’ experience and would like to become part of our fun, dedicated creative team, then we’d love to hear from you.
Ideally the successful applicant needs to be:
- competent in Indesign, Acrobat, Illustrator and Photoshop
- familiar with print production
- experienced in magazine layout and design (+3 years)
- skilled at briefing and directing photographers and models
- knowledgeable with general print design (logo, brochure, business cards, letterheads etc)
- creative with strong ideas
- able to work well both as a team member and on your own
- flexible and take direction well
- organised – able to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
If you would like to work in an exceptional environment amongst people who are passionate about making a difference, please send us your resume, portfolio and a covering letter telling us what you can bring to this role. Email these documents to Dave at firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: ‘Graphic Designer Role’).
This role is only open to those who hold a current working visa or are permanent residents of New Zealand.
The Parenting Place Coordinator – Manawatu
Part-time role 10-15 hours/week during school term time
The Parenting Place is a community organisation dedicated to equipping and encouraging parents. Based on Christian values, our aim is to impact every family in New Zealand through our range of parenting and youth programmes. If you’re looking for a new challenge within an environment where you can use your passion, creativity and innovation to really make a difference this could be the opportunity for you.
We are looking for a dedicated and passionate person, based in the Manawatu to join our National team. The overall purpose of this role is to support the development, organisation and promotion of The Parenting Place activities and manage, train and encourage the team of Toolbox facilitators in order to achieve growth. You will be responsible for supporting the team of Toolbox facilitators in your area, in a fun and varied role. Toolbox is our six week parenting course run in the local community.
This is a great opportunity to work for a highly respected organisation and a team of passionate individuals in a friendly and professional environment.
Responsibilities will include:
- Promotion – of The Parenting Place and all its programmes in the local community
- Networking – with agencies, schools, churches and other organisations in the local community
- Toolbox facilitator leadership, management and training – manage, train and encourage the team of Toolbox facilitators
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Strong communication and relationship building skills and a positive ‘can do’ working style
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Administrative and computer skills
- A commitment to the mission and values of The Parenting Place is essential
If this sounds like the role for you or if you would like to discuss the role further please contact Natalie by email: email@example.com or phone (04) 934 8483 no later than 16 September 2016.
Volunteer opportunities at The Parenting Place
If you are interested in volunteering at The Parenting Place please email Elize Beukes.
A little about us
If you’re looking at this page, it probably means you are interested in working for The Parenting Place. Before you apply, we thought it would be helpful to tell you a bit more about us.
We’re a diverse workforce, with diverse ideas
Our people are our greatest asset. We want our employees to be successful, enjoy coming to work every day and inspired by who we are and what we do. We embrace a diversity of cultures and people. We are inclusive and encourage the richness of ideas and approaches that diversity brings. We encourage big thinking and give our people the support they need to make their mark.
A strong, supportive team environment
The Parenting Place is a close knit team that works well together as we strive towards our dream of a country where families are valued and young people feel great about their future. Positively impacting every family is important to us and this starts with a team who knows how to positively impact each other. It’s common to find everyone crowded around the communal table at lunchtime, sharing their plans for the weekend or goals for their job.
The Parenting Place is here to change the lives of young people and families. We employ people who share that dream. If this fits with your view of how work should be, please email Bianca Lapusan.